Monday, August 06, 2007

Hi, my name is Mari ....

Allow me to introduce myself ...... My name is Mari, the princess cat. I live at my Mommy and Daddy's house now but a looonnngg time ago, in a land far away, I lived at Copper's house for a while. His Mommy gave me permission to write on his blog. I sure hope Copper doesn't mind.



I am a cat and I do the things cats do. I jump inside baskets and small cozy places, sleep on top of funny things, and I lay in sunny window sills. I keep a very particular schedule. I must have my treats at 9 o'clock at night and I eat my dinner promptly at 5 pm. I can take my breakfast whenever my Mom gets up, but I will not tolerate eating it any later than 8 am.
I have a sister cat named Tabitha. I was the FIRST cat. She came to live with us later. It WASN'T my idea. She is unkind to me sometimes and does not let me in the TV room. Tabitha gets really hung up on being in charge, being first, and getting all the attention from my Mom and Dad. I don't really care about all that sort of stuff.
I got to blog first as a guest on Copper's blog because I am the princess and because Copper's Mom remembers me. I remember her too. I am sure Tabitha will want to take her turn.



This is me getting my nightly treat. This is my begging stool. I use it to beg for all kinds of stuff - cheese, ham, pepperoni, pretty much anything my parents are eating. Its been my stool since I was in college (I lived with my mommy in college). Even though I lived with my Mom - my Daddy is my favorite. He came by all the time in college and we used to play a lot. Dad will always be my favorite. I sleep in his lap when Tabby is not around and he lets me hang out in his office with him while he works.

I have to go now its my bedtime - I have to sleep a lot.

13 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hi Mari, you look pretty. Do you play with Copper?


~ girl girl

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hi, Mari. Copper's mom is nice to let you write on Copper's blog. She must miss him since he is at Hershey's house. Do you even get to play with Copper like he and Hershey play with Nixon?

JustMeCopper said...

No, I never get to play with Copper anymore. I live in Fort Worth, Texas now. Copper would probably chase me a lot if he came to see me. We used to play alot when he was a wee puppy and I was a precious kitten. The lady had videos of that but they were lost in the great computer crash. When my people go to Georgia now, I stay here and watch the house and keep it safe from icky bugs. It's Necesary.

Signed,
Mari the Princess Cat

Hana said...

Uh oh, not again! First it was Nixon taking over Copper's blog, and now it's Mari!!!!!

Well, I have to say Mari seems nicer than Nixon. If there's anycat who is going to take over Copper's blog, it might as well be Mari.

Elizabeth said...

Mari, you are beautiful. Definitely a princess!

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Mari,
You seem friendly for a cat. I guess Copper wouldn't mind sharing especially you were childhood mates. :)
I wonder how is Copper!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary.
Looks to me that you are a nice cat.
Too bad you don't have the chance to play with Copper anymore!
Enjoy your sleep time
Lorenza

Marie said...

Hi Mari! My name is Maggie and I am friends with Hershey...I'm hoping to get to meet Copper while he is having a slumber party with Hershey! You have beautiful eyes, Mari! It is nice to meet you! You are the second cat I have met...hopefully you won't hiss at me like Nixon did. Big ol' grouch! Have you met Nixon???

Lots of puppy kissies!

Maggie

Lady Kaos said...

You have a strick eating schedule just like my cat brother Gunnar, you even look similar to him! He even has a special begging stool, actually 2 (he's a lot bigger than you and it takes 2 stools to hold his entire body). His stools are higher and under the breakfast bar so he can be really sneaky with his begging. Nice to meet you Mari!
Kaos

Bailey said...

COPPER - YES I AM YELLING. I can't believe you had a cat as a guest blogger. I am so disappointed in you. What has gotten into you? I hope you are back to your old self again soon. Come to my blog and see what Skip did now....he needs professional help.

Ricky Pepper said...

Copper, your kitty roommates are so pretty! I bet they would like to play with my kitty roommates, or just ignore them would be more likely, te-he-he!

xoxo,
Ricky

Tansy said...

Dear Mari,

You are a Lovely Cat. I am rather partial to Cats with Stripes, and that lovely touch of brown. The Old Kitty in our Flock once lived in Texas, and tells of Large Flying Cockroaches. I Know Not what they are, but you do?

Best,
Tansy

Gwyn Valentine said...

Hi Mari,
You are a really pretty cute! No wonder you are the princess!

Love,
Reina