Thursday, July 26, 2007

He's guilty ......


Hey dogfriends and Girl girl ........... it's me again ..... Copper



Hershey is TOTALLY guilty. He killed the bird. I KNOW he did it. He and I saw the bird in question when we went poddy (or 'business' as he calls it) first thing Wednesday morning. Actually it was SECOND thing because we had already gone outside at 5 am when Daddy got up ..... but I digress............... Anyway, we both saw the bird and I DISTINCTLY over heard Hershey say "I'll get you later, Mr. Bird!" I wondered at the time why he said that to the bird. I mean the bird was just hopping around the yard and he wasn't even inside our fence at the time. I don't know what he had against Mr Bird. He was just a juvenile cardinal, minding his own little birdy business. He WAS a juvenile bird though and he 'didn't have his belt through all the loops' so to speak and was spending way too much time on the ground for a bird. But he didn't deserve to die for it. Poor bird.



So we went back inside and I went back to bed. Hershey sneaked upstairs. I have told him that we get in trouble pooping in the house but does he listen? Nooooo! So, when Mom caught him, she made him go back outside. Later, when Mom opened the door to let Hershey back in .... I was still in the bedroom being GOOD ...... there was the poor little teenager bird on the porch right where Hershey allegedly put him, near the front door. When Mom knelt down to look at the bird, Hershey ran over to it and acted like he was going to "get him" and Mom had to shoo him away. She, of course, felt very very sad .... being the bird lover that she is. I mean she has bird houses all over the front yard INVITING them here. Anyway, she shooed Hershey off the poor lifeless little bird and picked him up gently with a paper towel and gave him a respectable burial ....... in the trash can. She told me later that she was worried that he was just 'stunned' so she left the lid off the trash can all day in case he decided to 'come to.' But Dad checked later when he came home and ... snif snif ... he was still in there, DEAD.



So Hershey is definitely guilty and Mom is sad. I didn't think Hershey would kill the bird or I would have warned Mom. Frankly I didn't know he had it in him. He is such a big chicken. But in retrospect, I have heard him talking to Nixon a lot and I think Nixon has taught him some bad habits. It just proves my point that cats are not to be trusted.



PS The picture of the birdhouse is one off the Internet because all of Mom's pictures are still in 'computer crashed never-never land.' Mom doesn't have this birdhouse YET but she really likes it she says. I will have to tell Dad about it. Maybe he can get it for her birthday and we can put it AWAY when Hershey comes.



9 comments:

Lorenza said...

Oooops! I don't know what to say!! I thought Hershey was playing but now I am not so sure!
Blame Nixon, he was the one who planned that!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Hana said...

Hmmm, maybe Hershey should buy your Mom the birdhouse to make up for killing the bird. Maybe Hershey can try to trade treats for the birdhouse.

Hana said...

Oh, by the way, I modified the Poll I was taking and am using some brand new code.

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Copper, I guess it was really shocking to know Hershey really did that. Afterall, when I saw the video of both of you playing, I was surprised to see you pouncing and playing so rough! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Copper, Copper, Copper ... don't get all wimpy on me! Your Mom may be pro-bird but we are hunters ... pro-magnon dogs! We live by our wiles and protect our territories with our ferocious barks and our sharp little teeth! That bird was just asking for it! Go, Hershey!

P.S. Sorry to your Mom if I get her upset here .. but we are DOGS!!! Live like one!

Oh, by the way, did you see I got to mow the lawn today?

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear.. the poor bird. How come Hershey is getting lessons from Nixon?


~ girl girl

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We have to side with Zach on this one. They say it's a "dog eat dog" world so Hershey was just defending his turf! You don't know what that bird may have threatened. Perhaps you need to assume Hershey did the right thing so everyone he loves would be safe. Besides, before long your yard could have looked like this ... Grackles

Miss Reina said...

Maybe Nixon is the mastermind. U know.. birds and cats are like enemies forever

Marie said...

Aww, poor bird!! :( Copper are you sure Hershey did it??? Did Nixon come to your house with Hershey?? Maybe HE did it and is trying to frame Hershey!!!!!! I bet that's what it is...dogs rule, and cats drool...I've always liked that quote...it's so true!!