Thursday, August 17, 2006

Help me, I itch ....

Today my Mommy came home from work and really quick took me on a car ride. I love car rides! She made me wear my seat belt though .... I hate the seat belt. This is me in the seat belt. Why can't I sit in your lap and look out the window Mom?


The car ride was a long one and I got tired of not being able to see out the window and I did not see the ice cream place. When we stopped, I smelled a lot of pee mail and some danger smells. It was the Doctor place with the shiny metal table!! I went in with Mom, even though I didn't want to, and then I saw my next door neighbor and friend, Miss Cindy! She looked at me and talked to me and petted me and looked at me and talked to Mom ...... but I didn't even get a shot! Mom told her that I was very itchy and they looked at all the places that itch. This is me on the metal table. I did not want my picture taken.

Then I got down off the metal table and stood on another table and Mom got excited and said I weighed 14 1/2 pounds! Dr. Cindy said I weighed exactly 14 1/2 pounds a year ago. She was glad I have not gotten fat. Why would I get fat? I don't get too much to eat... I barley get enough. I just itch! Miss Cindy gave my Mom some pills and some more oil (nanny nanny boo boo Hershey ... I got more oil!) and then we went home. Miss Cindy says I have allergies and dry skin. I wonder what that means.

9 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Copper, you are just a delicate dachsie like the rest of us ... unless, of course, we are chasing off evil trucks! We have not needed any oil but our Aunt Lexie has some and her mom (our grandma) rubs it into her chest and tummy. Aunt Lexie really likes getting the attention and it makes her feel so much better. You are so good at the doctor's office!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

JustMeCopper said...

Roxie, Sammy and Andy, I get to eat this special oil on my food and it is sooooo yummy! It makes my dry food taste greeaaatt! Hershey tried it and it actually made him want to eat his dinner, but HE doesn't get any ... just me!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Please don't tell me that you were subjected to the thermometor ? Oh the indignity of it all !!!
Hope the oil and the pills make you feel better - itching is no fun at all !

Love
Opy

Ivy said...

hey hey copper! you survived the shiney metal table of dog destruckshun? wow! you are so brave. every time the peepol in the wite jackets try to make me stand on that table i reverse my gravity and repel that evil table with all four paws.

it makes the peepol skrach theyr heads and say i wonder why we cant get her on that table? and i just say tee hee! ivy wins!

i reely hope your ichies go flyin out the window on the car ride home. maybe some ice cream wud make you feel better. i wud share my last frosty paws with you if you were here!

DustyDoodles said...

Copper,

Doodles is sorry you are itchy. Take your pills like a good doglet and hopefully the oil with work. Tell me though, it doesn't make you smell all foo-foo does it???

Anonymous said...

awww man! i loved that oil! can i have some when i come visit you in september!!!???? can i can i!? mmmmm it is soooo tasty! mom put olivey oil on my food after you left for a couple days, eh it was ok. sorry your itchin' so bad copper! try and keep it down i know it bugs your mom and dad in the night. maybe then she will take you to the ice cream place. will you take me to the ice cream place when i come visit?!

JustMeCopper said...

Yeah Hershey! Mom says she will take us to get ice cream when you come. Everydog, the Brewsters here gives dogs free ice cream if your peepol get some. My Mom says it is not really good for me so she only lets me have a taste but I get to go on a car ride and be outside with my peepole when they are eating, see other peepol and smell lots of smells .... it is fun! Hershey and I went once for my birthday this summer.

IndyPindy said...

Hey Copper,
I used to get real bad itchy skin. Well, it got much better once we found out what foods I am allergic to and now I don't eat those things.

I still get a little itchy, and my mom uses essential oils on the itchy spots, and it really helps!

I hope you feel better, itchy is no fun!

billiejean said...

Hello Copper,

My best friend Cookie used to have skin allergy until mummy switched us from commercial doggie food to home cooked meals. The daily
dosage of natural yogurt, flaxseed oil, kelp and weekly thyme bath that mummy gave us certainly helped Cookie a long way. Mummy said that medication is just a
quick fix and not a long term cure.

Cookie sleeps more peacefully ever since her itchiness stopped.

Billie Jean