Thursday, February 22, 2007

A beautiful day and a suitcase ....

It was a beautiful spring day today and I did a lot of relaxing outside on the porch. I wish the weather was like today's weather more often. It would have been a perfect dog day except I got a BATH. I hate baths. Whenever I take a bath my hair looks all dry and unmanagable for days. I hate that.


Plus my Mom got out a suitcase. She got out the small suitcase and she only put HER clothes in it. She did not put any of Dad's clothes in it and she did not get out my suitcase. She told Dad she was going to this place with some ladies from the church and that DOGS and HUSBANDS were NOT ALLOWED! How unfair is that! She is going to be gone two whole nights! It looks like a very nice place but you notice there are no dogs in the picture. What an awful place. Doesn't it look just awful?


Imagine me in the picture. I could be posing on a leash on these steps right here.


Dad is going to take care of me. I am a little worried about that. He does things different from Mom. No matter how hard I try, I can't get him to feed me early ... even if it is cloudy outside. I guess he can tell time. He also spills my food a lot, and I have to clean it up. (It's a good thing it is dry food or Mom would kill him.) He also makes me sleep at the foot of the bed. He doesn't lay on the couch at night and knit like Mom, but he sits in a different chair. It is an OK chair and he does let me sit with him but it isn't the same. He also never takes me for walks. He is a good Dad, different from Mom, but good. I will miss Mom.


P.S. If you don't hear from me for three days, it is because Mom is gone.



See, wouldn't I look great on this bed? I could eat whatever they have here on this tray. Hmmm.... I bet it's cookies!!!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and then your mom comes home on sunday and THEN you get to go on a loooong car ride monday to see MEEEEE!! for 8 days!!!!!!

Isabella said...

Hey Copper! I don't know how she did it, but Linda has a picture of you laying on that hotel bed! Ask your mom to email me so I will have your e-mail address and I will send you the photo. My e-mail address is in my profile at my blog.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

No Copper for three days? What are we going to do? We will miss you.

That place NEEDS a dog and not just any dog. It needs a dachshund! You would go perfectly with the decor.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Luckie Girl said...

Hi Copper,
Aww shucks, you should just sneak into her suitcase when she isn't looking. I don't think she'll notice you until she gets there. :) Suits great huh?

Fu Fu said...

Woh that bed sure does look very comfy.. And cookies on the tray.. Yum yum..

~ fufu

Rosco the wonder mutt said...

Poor Copper! Home alone with dad...you should have just hopped into the suitcase when your mom wasn't looking. If your dad is like my dad, he might not even notice you're gone! Ok, my dad isn't that bad...but he is way different than mom. I bet you'll get cookies when your mom gets home because she will feel bad she left you! Yummo!

Lots of love,
Rosco

IndyPindy said...

Wow, your mom is going to a fancy place!

I'm glad you get to go see Hershey soon!

Hana said...

Oh Copper, it's good you didn't pee in your mom's suitcase or on her clothes else she probably won't take you to visit Hershey on Monday. I hope when your mom comes home, she brings you some gifts. That'll make it up, right?

I think I would look pretty good on that bed. That bed needs an eskie in the picture!