Sunday, March 09, 2008

Meeshka and Merryland ... Day 10 ...

Well, we have arrived in Merryland at Meeshka's house. Meeshka is my internet huskie friend. She is going to be queen someday and because she is a huskie, I am SURE she can tell me about snow and how to pull a dog sled in the snow. She LOVES the snow. Meeshka is the wiseest dog I know.


This is our conversation ...


Me - Hello Meeshka! It is so good to finally meet you!


Meeshka - I know.



Me - Meeshka, I need your advice. You live up here in Merryland where it snows and you tell us all the time that you love the snow. Can you give me any advice for dealing with the cold bitter ice and snow that Hana, Mona and JB and I will undoubtely encounter at the North Pole????





Meeska - Er .... you're taking a ...........C-A-T?



Me - Uhhh, yes we are .... she is sharp and she knows alot about different animals. I think she will be a big help with the polar bears!!






Meeshka - ok ... whatever


Me - So can you tell us about snow? Hana lives in California and Mona and JB lives in Texas. I live in Georgia and we don't have snow very much. Can you tell us how to deal with the snow?



Meeshka - Yeah, snow is cold. Don't step in it. It makes your dainty feet cold.




Me - But Meehka, you say in your blog that you love the cold?


Meeshka - Yes, I do say that. But I also love comfort and I get cold from my cool air vent and it is more comfortable. Snow gets on my fur and makes my feet cold.



Me - I hear huskies wear booties in the snow to protect their feet. The musher put the booties on the dogs and they can use many booties in a race.






Meeshka - Booties?



Me - Yeah, booties. Meeshka, can you tell me how to pull a sled? I am afraid that we may have to pull Hershey home on a sled if he is injured.






Meshka - Well, first you grab Loki by the neck and you body slam him into the ground and then you woo and run fast and get in the back door before he does so you can get to the water first. Then you wash your dainty feet in the water so he won't drink it and it is all yours.




Me - Meeshka, I don't think that is going to help me.... but thanks anyway.




Meeshka - Ok, Copper, I'll help you. Now listen ... whisper, whisper, whisper ..... snow .... whisper, whisper .... when they yell mush .... whisper, whisper, got it?




Me - Gee thanks, Meeshka, your're my hero! You're like the wise and powerful OZ in Mona's movie! I know we can do it thanks to you!!!



Ok, dog friends ... we're off!!!




16 comments:

Hana said...

Yep, that sure sounds like Meeshka! She is like the great and powerful OZ! Did she say for us to click our back paws together and that will take us to the North Pole, because we might run out of the quarters that JB and Mona brought.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

I don't know about Meeshka. She didn't want to go with us right. I would feel much better if we had a Huskie with us. Those booties are cute, maybe we should stop at the store on are way our out and get some. Me still gots the Mommy's credit card. I heard from the Mommy & there has been a problem at home but she told me not to worry. Me hope we find Hershey quick cause the Mommy needs me.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about a sled - remember I have friends at the North Pole - I can get Rudolph to help you out if need be ...

Hana said...

Do you think Zach could talk to the head elves to ask them to let Hershey come home for a while? Can Rudolph fly even if there's no snow and it's March?

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Pawsome that Meeshka helped out
Hope you find Hershey soon


~ Girl girl

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Copper,
I made it to Merryland! I can help too now!
--JB
P.S. My mom told me she found a quarter in our sofa and she will send it to me to help us!

Lady Kaos said...

Meeshka sure is a lot of help. That's really nice of her to help. My cat brother has really sharp claws that get stuck in my nose when Mom forgets to clip them. If you have problems with polar bears, just tell JB to gor for the polar bear's nose!
Kaos

Shmoo said...

There are plenty of huskies in Alaska that can help you pull a sled right now, you just have to go to Nome and meet up with them in a few days. Of course, they may be tired from running over 1,000 miles, but I'm sure they'd be willing to help... if you hand over that cat thing to them :)

Meeshka
On my air vent.

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Hi Copper. I posted a picture on my blog today that was inspired by this interview.

http://worldofturbo.blogspot.com/2008/03/copper-interviews-meeshka.html

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm with Meeshka -

An evil khritter KHAT?

I mean JB isn't hard on the eyes BUT it is a KHAT??

Please listen the Khwueen!

Hugz&Khysses Khopper,
Khyra

Jack & Moo said...

Hi Cooper, It's very cool that you got to meet Meeshka! We hope to one day, too. Say, did you know that Jack & I went to the North Pole last december? we journaled our trip in our Dec. 2007 blog, starting here:
http://sscyber-sibes.blogspot.com/2007/12/our-north-pole-adventure-ch-1.html

You might want to read it, especially Chpts. 5,6,7, because we met narwhales, orcas, & polar bears on our trip-- you can probably pick up a few tips that will help you on your journey. We hope you have as much fun as we did, & that Hershey is OK. Santa is very kind, so we're sure he's being well treated while he's at the North Pole.

If you continue North from Meeshka's, you'll come thru Rhode Island where we live - please stop by & we can woo with you about the polar bears!

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack"Polar boy" a-roo

Thor said...

Take any and all advice from our queen, she will NEVER steer you wrong!

Woos,
Thor

Hana said...

JB the cat is a nice cat. She has lot of animal friends. I think it is good she is coming on our trip with us!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Well, it looks like Meeshka is not going to go with you but it sounds like she gave you some great advice!
And Zach ought to be able to round up some help for you. He knows lots of people and doggies because he lives in North Pole, Alaska! Once you get to Zach's house you will be really close to Hershey.
We really miss Hershey. Get to him soon.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sure was a lesson to be learned. If I went out into the snow, it would come up to my eyeballs and all you could see would be my nose and tail. Have you ever seen a Chihuahua that looked like a popsicle?

Lorenza said...

Where are you now??
Details, we need details!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza