Ok, here goes.
1. I am a dachshund. That is the most important thing about me.
2. I am a long haired dachsund, something a little different.
3. I pee on blankets or towels when I am left alone in the house. I will not tell you why I do this and nothing my mother does can make me stop. I just do it. That is why I have to stay in the kitchen when I am left alone.
4. I sleep between my parents in the big bed.
5. I do not eat people food unless it drops on the floor accidentally.
6. I do get to lick ice cream bowls. This is the only exception to #5.
7. Ok, sometimes Mom gives me bits of her apple. But that's it.
8. Ok, cheese. I know the sound of the cheese drawer and take my medicine in cheese, when I take medicine, so I do get cheese occasionally. But that's it.
9. I have a best friend names Hershey. He lives far away in Richmond, Virginia. Fortunately he comes to visit me pretty often. I let Hershey win when we are together. It's just not worth it to me to try to win. That makes him alpha dog. I don't care if he is alpha dog.
11. My Mom thinks I need a little sister. See #3.
12. I am allergic to fleas.
13. I like to take sunbaths but my house faces the wrong way and is surrounded my big trees so I have to go to my Granddaddy's house to take sunbaths.
14. I like to stick by my Mom all of the time. Dad will do. See #3.
15. My granddaddy is here visiting me. I wish he lived here all of the time because he likes to walk and he would take me for walks. He is 80 years old and walked 410 miles in 2008. My mother wishes she could say she walked 410 miles last year.
16. Come to think of it, if my granddaddy walked me, he would never walk very far. I am a slow walker. I sniff a lot. This frustrates my Mom.
17. I do not bark or scratch at the door when I need to go out. I just sit there. This makes it hard on my folks because they cannot see me when I go to the door unless they are sitting on the stairs. They just wonder where I am and go look and I am patiently waiting at the door.
18. I will not bark on command. See #17
19. My favorite trick is 'roll over'. If my folks had a video camera, I would show you.
20. I can jump on beds, even tall beds.
21. My tail has a curl in it which is wierd for dachshunds.
22. I tolerate my nails being trimmed, but I don't love it. I hate baths.
23. I love riding in the car. I especially love making nose prints on the windows.
24. I am very itchy. I have dry skin and allergies. See #12.
25. I love my Mom very much, except when she scolds me for #3.
There, that wasn't so hard.