Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Mom for SALE !!!!

Everydog knows that squirrels are evil creatures that attack people and dogs. Ivy tells all about them on her blog. But, alas my very own Mother apparently does not know how evil squirrels can be because today she bought something with a squirrel on it .. for the baby!


You see, my Mom recently came across all of these very old baby clothes in my Daddy's old house. She says they must be fifty years old. That is way older then me, since I am only four. Most of the baby clothes are for girls ... which is really wierd ... because Dad and his brother were baby BOYS. Thre were no baby girls in his family. Most of the baby clothes are handmade and need a lot of mending, but one of the dresses is pink and is in good enough shape for Hershey's baby to wear. So Mom washed it, mended it a little and ironed it and tried to hang it on a hanger. But it was too little for any of her hangers.


Then next day Mom happened to go to the antique store across the street from where she works .... just for fun. She says at her new job, she gets a whole HOUR for lunch and she can go out for lunch, run errands, come home and see me (that's what she SHOULD DO!) or go the the antique store across the street to look around. So, on this day when she was looking around, she found an old style baby clothing hanger and she bought it. ( I don't know why but she does not want me to tell Hershey's Mom how much she paid for it.)



But LOOK AT IT!!! It has SQUIRRELS on it!! Here is a close up picture of the squirrels! Everydog, what was she thinking!!!!






I don't know what I am going to do with her. No presents or cake for my birthday and now this ......

Mom for sale ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

copper, your mom is horrible paying more attention to the baby that isn't even THERE than to you! i think i might have to go to the dog bakery here and get you a birthday present to make up for your mom's deliquency! don't worry in just a week and a half i'm coming to see you!!!! WOOOHOO!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Copper.
That is a pretty dress for Hershey's girl. Fifty years old?? It doesn't look like that!
Don't worry about that squirrel in the hanger. It won't harm you!! At least no more than it did to your mom's finances!!
I am still waiting for your cake's news!!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Wow - a fifty year old dress? That is so cool - maybe your grandma was hoping for a girl and had a big, big surprise! My Mom is going to have one of those grandbaby things this year and I hope she doesn't forget about me like your Mom has done to you. I still think you should go find your own birthday present.

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Copper,
Erm, what I really like to know is..how many greenies is that hanger worth? And with all that shopping she does, I'm not quite sure if the 1 hour lunch is enuff for her.
Ooo..Hershey is coming to visit you again!! COOL!!
PS : Mom bought a furminator for me..it's probably on its way from USA to Singapore.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear. Still no cake. Maybe you wanna come over to Singapore. We'll celebrate your barksday with lots of cake for you

~ girl girl

Gwyn Valentine said...

This is such a cute liitle pink dress!
And the Hanger is soooo chic!
Your mom should start getting something for you!
Love,
Reina

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Poor Copper. We would have you come live with us but then Hershey might not be able to find you. We hope you get enough money from selling your mom to get a nice birthday caka and a good toy.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Bailey said...

NO!! Not squirrels! Well, look on the bright side, it could have been cats. Have a happy July 4th, and eat lots of barbeque! Love, Bailey

Luckie Girl said...

Oh Copper, shucks..I just saw your comment. I would have LURVED to see your handiwork after that intense opawration. Where did Mr Chicken go??
I was just wondering if I'd be able to see a video of you and hershey playing with your erm..underpants toys next week since he's visiting. Guess not. You better pray Hershey brings his bear along and you can work on Mr Bear too. :P Don't tell Hershey I said that!!

kfinkler said...

Good eye Copper, that's one sneaky squirrel-masquerading as a really sweet vintage baby thing. And that little dress is a real find too. Not that I'm condoning it you see, but it is really sweet. I'd say, put her on probation, give her reproachful looks all day, always works for me.

-kassi