In my last blog I told you all that I sometimes get to go to work with my Mom on friday. My friend Hana asked me the following insightful question:
"So, you will have to tell us, what is this so-called work that our parents do? Why do they chose to go to work instead of spending time with us? Work must be pretty fun, else why would they go?"
Tonight I will try to answer Miss Hana's last question to the best of my ability.
Hana, I don't know.
I have some ideas and here they are.
(1) They go because their office is pretty? This is my Mom's office.
She got to pick everything out which really rocked and she likes it all very much. Maybe that is why she goes to work.? But our house is pretty too so that can't be the reason.
(2) Maybe they go because they get to play on the computer? No, that can't be the reason because Mom does that at home.
(3) Maybe they go because they don't have to do laundry or clean the bathrooms like they have to do at home on Saturday. That may very well be part of the reason but I don't think it is the whole reason.
(4) Maybe they go because there is food there? I know Mom finds bagels at work on Friday. But that can't be the reason because we have food here, most of the time. I know Mom hates to cook but we do have food here. I don't think that is the reason either.
(5) Maybe they go because when it is pretty they can go outside and take a walk? I know that isn't the reason because it was pretty here today and Mom just did laundry and cleaned the bathroom.
(6) Maybe they go because they feel needed there? I KNOW that can't be the reason because I need her and I am at home!
(7) Maybe they go because they like to get away from us? Ohhhhh Noooooo, that can't be the reason!!!!!!!!!
(8) Maybe they go because they get rich? Naaaaaaaaaaaa that can't be the reason.
So Hana, I don't know. Even though I have been to work, I can't tell you why our parents feel the need to leave us and go to work. Does any other dog know?