Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I was good today.....

Well, dogfriends I was a good boy today. At least that is what my Mom told me.


First of all, I must apologize for not blogging much lately. Mom has been really busy and ... well, she just hasn't been too attentive to my blogging needs. (She also told me she is running out of things to blog about.) Anyway ..... back to being a good boy.


Mom stayed home from work for four days and I was very glad to have her for company for a change (it wasn't just for you Copper.) When she went back to work today, she says she tried an experiment (it was an experiment Copper.) She locked me in the evil (Copper, it's not evil!) kitchen and gave me a white towel to lay on. No fuzzy soft $10 Wallgreen's bed, or downy soft blanket like I usually get (and that you tinkle on Copper.) Just a single white towel (it was white so I could see if you tinkled on it Copper.) It was .... Spartan .... but I survived. Then, she emptied my big water bowl and gave me a little drink of water in it, (maybe 1/8th of a cup or less). She turned on the radio for me and then she gave me my Kong with a tiny bit of peanut butter and my toys and my bone and said, "I'll be back at lunchtime." "Back at lunchtime?" I thought.


I waited. I napped. I chewed. I drank the water. I napped. I waited. I listened to the radio. I napped. But I did not tinkle. Then ... I heard the car in the driveway ... I know that sound. It was Mom's car! And it was .... LUNCHTIME! I greeted Mom and showed her the towel .... no tinkle! I went outside and went poddy and got a "GOOD BOY COPPER!!" I was so happy to have her home and at lunchtime!!! Then ............ yes, you guessed it .... Mom ate lunch. I did not eat lunch. (You don't eat lunch EVER Copper.) Then, after about 15 (very short) minutes, Mom locked me in the kitchen, gave me the same toys and and the same towel and the same radio and the same bone and the same little bit of water and left for work AGAIN. I napped and I drank and I chewed and pretty soon .............. Mom was home again. And I didn't tinkle on the towel this time either!!!!! (We had a little party didn't we Copper.)


Mom says she is going to try to do this for a while, even though it uses a lot of gas and wastes her lunch hour, whatever that means. I think I am loving it. Mom says to tell you all I really am housebroken and except for this "I hate you working tinkle on the blanket thing." I am a really good boy all the time..... except ......


.........I found another escape place in the fence this weekend. But I am not telling you where it is because Mom will find out where it is. Mom says no more staying outside unsupervised. Shucks. I guess that means I am on restriction. Miss Cindy says I am "clever." mmmmm ... 'Clever Copper' .. has a nice ring to it ......


10 comments:

Lili said...

Hiya Copper!

WoW! It seems like your momma's experiment is going well so far! I hope you have fun with it too--at least you get to see your momma during the day that way :) You really are clever to keep finding escape holes in your fence! You could be an escape artist for Halloweenie!
cheers-
Lili

Anonymous said...

I don't blog much lately either ... I guess as we get older we get more boring or something... sigh. Good job on finding the new escape place and keeping it a secret! Way to go!

Isis said...

Oh no! i hope she doesnt find your spot! I hope she doesnt get any ideas to pretend to leave and really go somewhere in the neighborhood where she can see you, maybe miss cindy's... and see if she can find out where your secret is....


That would be so bad for you!

Mojo said...

Hi Copper! Nice to meet you!
I enjoyed reading your blog!! That experiment sounded tricky!! Good job for passing it! And, I hope Miss Cindy doesn't find your escape place!!
Mojo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Copper
I know you are a good boy!
I've told you this... please don't try to escape... I don't want you to get lost!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Hana said...

Dear Clever Copper,
Yes, I do agree "Clever Copper" has a nice ring to it! Congratulations on being such a good boy. I am glad you weren't too stressed out in the evil kitchen. (I guess your lunch is in the peanut butter in your kong toy.... that's not too bad at all.) And as for blogging (or not blogging as the case may be) I think we're all entitled to a little break every now and then.
~Hana

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Copper,
I haven't seen a pikture of you in a long long while.*blush* I guess you are suffering from separation axiety. Isn't it great your Mom can have her lunch with you??? :) I wish my Mom could do that. hehe
PS : Clever Copper does sound nice but I wish you wouldn't escape any more. :(

Putz said...

i just feel so bad that my grands mother say they (grands) are allergic to us....this is the reason they don't visit, can you believe anything so cruel???

Putz said...

forgot to sign us out love sadie, sandy, speedy dkeand jp

Shmoo said...

My humans have done "puppy duty" every day for almost 8 years. They come home every work day and feed us our lunch and let us out and then go back to work.

I think its time for you to demand lunch. Or at the very least, find a distraction method that allows you to steal your human woman's sandwich.

Meeshka